The Journey

Thursday, April 20, 2006


So, I decided it was finally time...Declan now has his first pet. Well, actually our neighbor gave him a Betta 2 months ago, but this pet can snuggle and scratch him :) At 4, I feel like I don't have to worry much about him terrorizing an animal.

He was so pleased; all the way home the kitten rode in his car seat with him. Declan told me that the kitty liked him better than me. He named him Moe, after a character from The Land Before Time. First he wanted to name him TreeCat or HouseCat, but I suggested that he name him after one of his favorite cartoon characters, he came up with Moe. I really didn't like the name much better, but it is HIS cat.

Moe is soooo tiny, only 6 weeks. I feel kind of bad for taking him from his mommy so soon, but it would have been us or someone else.

I didn't realize that it would be like having a baby again! Our bed is 4 feet in the air, so I had to get him up 2x for water and potty trips. He would also cry so I had to sleep with my hand on him most of the night. At least this will only last a few days, two weeks tops. Soon he'll be climbing the ladder with ease, or he'll be comfortable enough to sleep somewhere other then MY bed.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home