The Journey

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

You're in for a TREAT :)

Really, you're going to love this. The only catch is that you MUST comment if you read this entry :)

I've decided to cut and paste my last few emails with "The Crush". All four emails were sent today. We have remained friends (for what that's worth when you haven't yet met someone). We've been emailing and agreed it would still be fun to meet in person. Still seems like a very nice guy. What do you guys think:

(My Emails are in Red, Crush Guy's Emails in blue)

Just wanted to say hello. Life has been really crazy lately. It is so nice to have the extra space; I love our new room. It's been a long week though. Additionally, Declan is sick so that has complicated things.

How goes the job hunt? What else is new? Are you going to a Hockey game this weekend? Are you up for some bowling? It's my free weekend, as Declan heads to Seattle on Thursday. Friday is a holiday, so I'll have a longer than usual weekend :)

Working all 4 days this week, not much else to report. I've got to go, trying to finish up some legal documents during my plan time.

Jayne Doe


Yikes, I don't like hearing that Declan is sick. Seems like when that happens the kids and parents alternate being sick for a few weeks until they both get up enough immunities.

Glad to hear you are enjoy the newly created space though, I'm sure its nice. Of course, I would probably just manage to expand my clutter into it quickly and it wouldn't seem like extra space for long. :)

The job hunt hopefully is coming to a close. If I don't hear anything from XXX by tomorrow I will likely be taking the job at YYYY downtown. I won't like it as much, but I need to go ahead and get back to work before I start enjoying being at home too much.

This weekend is PERFECT! You get to choose, I've got tickets to a hockey game Friday night vs our arch-rivals from THAT CITY , and I'm free on Saturday and Sunday, so we can do whichever you'd like, or even both.:) Let me know how you'd like to work things.

Hope your day goes great, and that the documents don't drive you to madness. :)


Crush Guy

What time and where is the Hockey game Friday? I'd like to go...kind of a wuss about driving in traffic late at night (another reason I need a boyfriend:) Maybe I'd go for 1/2 a game :) It might be a weird way to meet...since I'm sure you don't talk at hockey games..are they loud? I do like that they are fast paced. I guess I was into basketball for a while in college.

Let me know. I'm also up for bowling on Saturday if you want. I forgot that I'm doing child care during the day...

Sunday is out, I actually have a "date" Sunday a.m. and then I go get Declan at Noon.


Jayne

I don't mind picking you up for the game Friday, especially since I flaked out on you about our initial meeting. If you'd like we can meet somewhere near your place for a quick dinner before the game, then head over there for 7:30pm.

The games are usually done by 10pm if not a hair earlier. Actually, we should get to talk quite a bit at the hockey game, there are two 15 minute intermissions where we could talk pretty much uninterrupted, and the game isn't that loud that we can't talk while its going on. It is a fast paced game though, very much like basketball expect that it has a bit of the violence of football as well.:)

Bowling Saturday sounds great too, how about THAT BOWLING ALLEY at 4 or 5pm like we were originally planning? Or does that conflict with your existing schedule? If so, just pick a time that you'll be free. :)

Crush Guy

Well Blogger Friends, was that fun or what? All names and places in caps have been changed to protect my anonymity for the general public :)

For what it's worth, I do like this guy, but the big crush is gone (okay maybe I still have a little bitty teeny weeny wisp of a crush left, but nothing like I had) . I think we might end up with a cool friendship, and I am great with that. But I'm wondering is he just interested in friendship...or maybe more. You've read the Emails, you tell me what you think is going on. (By the way, he lives 40 minutes away, so that seems like a long way to drive only to drive back for the game and then 40 minutes back to my house and 40 minutes home...you get the idea. Too much driving for me - I wouldn't do it) I'm pretty curious at this point on many levels- so it will be nice to finally meet him. And of course you noticed that I did have to let him know about the date on Sunday though, didn't I ;)

More on the date later :)

2 Comments:

  • I’d just be cautious. He has already told you he isn’t looking for a relationship. He may be looking for a casual “non-committal” relationship or even a booty-call. I don’t want to come across so negative, but you don’t really know him. The man that he is on-line and the man he is in real life may be two different people. So again, just be smart with heart and move forward cautiously…

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 PM  

  • Thank you for the comment anonymous blogger friend. Trust me, this guy has never made a booty call in his life...he's a computer geek :)

    By Blogger One Boys Mom, at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home