The Journey

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

2nd Day

My first day actually went really well. It was pretty positive all around.

However ---today just about put me over the edge. All and all my day was pretty stressful. I wanted to cry at one point...just lack of organization that effects my students and I have no control. Overall I think the stress is just extreme right now. Cut to...I go to pick up Declan and when I ask where he is, his teacher looks confused. She is in the office with two other kids. Her assistant says "Maybe he's in the classroom." NO. I just checked there. Hummm he must be on the bus. Not a bus home, but the bus that takes the kids to another elementary school to get on another bus to go home. It was all I could do to hold it together. If I wasn't an employee of this district...I would not have been so composed. Although at one point I finally marched into the office and got right in the secretaries face and said you need to call X elementary school RIGHT NOW and pull my son off the bus and be sure he doesn't get on another bus.

More details later. I'm exhausted from the experience. Gurrrrrrr


(Casey I know this just about puts you over the edge just reading about it...sorry.)

4 Comments:

  • I'm really glad I can't relate to you on the bus fiasco. What a load of crap that is!

    However, I'm right there with you on the disorganization. I'm up all night trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing the next day, then it all gets blown away when I walk in the door. I'm beyond exhausted, the kids are chaotic, and I know I'm boring and confusing them. I made it 3 days before I had a big sobbing break down.

    Hangin' in there with you.

    mel

    By Blogger em1__mak2, at 5:50 PM  

  • Today I just about lost it in class. I watched the clock for 30 minutes until lunch rolled around. Finally some time to myself to get it together. My kids leave, two minutes later my medically fragil kid walks in to have lunch. And of course he was unaccompanied (which is against his current medical plan) I was beyond pissed that NO ONE is taking care of folling the current plan. He's a great kid, so I let him hang out.

    By Blogger One Boys Mom, at 7:34 PM  

  • HOLY FREAKIN' MOLEY!!! And to think that the plan was to have Kelton got solo on Friday. I'm already a wreck about it but wow. How does this crap happen? These are five year olds for heavens sake. FIVE. They are babies when it comes to this stuff.

    I'm glad he is ok. Update when you can. Sorry things are going so rough for you right now. :(

    By Blogger Casey, at 7:46 PM  

  • Are you seriously going to leave me hanging for another day??? What happened? What was the outcome? Plan from this point forward?

    By Blogger Casey, at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home