The Journey

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quick Update

Much better week this week. Well in real life, but my dreams have been crazy and I mean crazy!

On Monday a student brought me a present :) What a way to start my week. Did I tell you that on Friday another student asked for a hug? What a great age.

My son has had a cough for SIX weeks. At first it was allergy related (gotta take the good with the bad, right James? :) Then when I became sick I realized it had morphed into a nasty virus. I've felt pretty bad physically the last two days (burning lungs with a cough). I figured it was time to get Declan to the Dr again (he went two weeks ago re "the cough") Now he has major ear infections in both ears. This morning he woke up sicker still.

His Dr. said that once he finishes his antibiotics we need to get his allergies under control or he'll get every bug in his classroom. Wonderful news as his insurance will be pretty crappy starting in January (that's another story, my X's insurance not mine)

I'd love to take a sick day today, but won't because I want to save them for when my parents are gone and can't help with Declan. He's going to be home with them today. Soon they'll be leaving for 4 months and that won't be an option.

Hope everyone else is feeling better than us :)

1 Comments:

  • Wow! We're playing the same game here. My dreams every night I call my "bad teacher" dreams. I'm teaching all these lousy lessons and everything is going nuts. I don't think I've had a single non-teaching dream in 3 weeks.

    Then we were off yesterday because of the sudden arrival of a hurricane. I was looking forward to a peaceful day before the weekend but the instant we arrived, M puked all over my classroom. Turns out the bad cough he's had for several weeks developed into a sinus infection and it's the likely culprit of the puke fest. Didn't stop him from playing kickball inside and tossing himself all over the furniture on this very early in the year "sick" day.

    Happy first germy year to all of us.

    mel

    By Blogger em1__mak2, at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home