The Journey

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Still sick...

A fever of 103 Friday. Low fever continues. Feels like the flu...but I guess it's some "virus" Isn't the FLU a virus? Back to the Dr. today he gave me an inhaler and antibiotics. It is a pretty odd sickness. Serious lung issues and sore throat. My sinus' / nose is fine ??? my back is super sensitive...like the flu.

Anyway I haven't tried the inhaler yet, I've never had one before. I guess you can have a racing heart and feel shaky for about 10 minutes after. Hummmm not the ideal side effect for a person who is on the anxious side....

Declan is coming home soon. I guess he is getting much better.

School is going REALLY well. I LOVE my kids. I believe they mostly love me. Well, I'm sure it helps that I let them into my room at lunch one day a week to play the Wii and blast their music. They had a great time on Friday. I was feeling like crap, but it was good to see them having so much fun.

Lots of phone calls to parents this weekend. All the kids who haven't been turning in assignments. The nice thing is that those phone calls tend to be very short. I also made a few "your kid is so wonderful to have in my classroom" calls - those are much more fun and seem to last longer.

There are two other new teachers on my team and it is very interesting to hear how things are going. They have both talked about not having plans ready the day they teach. That is soo weird to me. I Spend 90% of my time planning and only 10 percent grading. I really am an efficiency expert; I knew I'd pull off this teaching thing with less "outside" hours than most. Except for the extra hours I'm spending calling parents and doing project "stuff" that really isn't necessary.

I use to manage a movie theatre and if the last movie dropped at 12:30. I was out the door at 12:31, well okay 12:40 (I had to wait for the guests to leave). Other managers would be in the building until 1:30 or 2 (not you Robert) that was so weird to me. I am always looking for ways to streamline the system. BUT I'm always very, very prepared (just don't want to give the impression I'm a slacker).

Anyway...just kind of interesting to talk with my teaching partner today who talked about grading for 5 hours. WHAT? 5 hours...can't imagine. Maybe someday, who knows.

2 Comments:

  • I'm sorry you are still sick. Ugh! Hopefully you are better today and are having a good day. Thanks for the update - I've been wondering how things are going.

    By Blogger Casey, at 10:08 AM  

  • What a horrible time to be sick, still! I love that you let students come and play the Wii once a week. So cool. :)

    By Blogger Christy, at 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home