The Journey

Monday, November 13, 2006

What do you think?




This is my good friend Christy (which I think now days they call BFF :) who has just entered the world of blogging. These are some photo's she has posted recently. Does her older daughter look like a mini version or what? The younger one, Little SpitFire we'll call her, looks a lot like dad, if you can get past her red hair, especially with that smile :)
SpitFire is who Declan was kissing in an earlier blog entry..see here.
As for my life. The Hockey Game Date went well. We had another mini =adventure trying to find a place to eat on a Saturday night. The game was O.K., it moved VERY fast. For the first 30 minutes I could hardly find the puck on the ice. I'm such a wuss that we left when the final period started. I just really don't stay up late. Overall I'd say that in another time of my life, maybe I could or would have gotten into hockey...but I have so little free time as a parent, there is usually something else I'd rather be doing. No offense all you hockey fans!
He still seems like a great guy, very fun and easy to talk to I enjoy spending time with him. I guess I don't know what else to say at this point except we'll see where this goes. It is definitely different dating this time around as there is no way it can consume your life as I remember it doing way back when :) It's more compartmentalized as you go about your day working and taking care of your kiddo.

6 Comments:

  • In regards to your last blog, there were zero people with my full name, or my full maiden name in the USA. :) I expected more.

    When is the next date?

    By Blogger Christy, at 7:53 AM  

  • I like Declan. Declan is my best friend. I miss him. If Declan wants to come to my house, will you let him come to my house? I want him to come to my house so much because he is my best friend. You know, you should do something if you want to. You love to play with me Declan. That's my blog, it is done.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 AM  

  • So glad the date went well again! I have never watched a hockey game. Is that strange? I guess I just can't understand the draw.

    When is Madeline going to start a pre-k blog?

    ;)

    By Blogger He who wears the most black wins., at 8:57 AM  

  • Maddi, once I want to go to your house, but not tomorrow. But I like you, but just so you know I'm gonna give you a card and it's gonna be a surprise. It has money it in. That's all.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 AM  

  • I'm also glad the date went well. I haven't been to a hockey game either. I have only been to baseball games... Sammy is begging me to get season tickets to the Seahawks, but we need to win the lottery first.

    I do think Christy and Emma look tons alike, thought I see Ken in her a lot also. They are going to be beautiful women when they are all grown up.

    By Blogger nursekara, at 10:35 AM  

  • I just love your blog. I came across it in Sept, when my son Declan asked me what I was going to be for halloween. I googled "declan's mom" and found your blog. I read alittle and really enjoyed it. Your life is so different than mine. I am married,a stay-at-home mom with three kids under 5 and live on the East Coast. With all that different,it is odd we both have sons named Declan.

    So, thank you for writing. I am enjoying your story.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home