The Journey

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Cat:


This is what my cat did to amuse himself last night. I had just filled his feeder. Frankly I don't see the point in cleaning it up...I guess I'll have to get him a little dish and limit the food.

The Boy:


On the way home in the car (he went camping for one day with his grandparents) he told me all about a video game he was creating. It's called "Jump World". I'm not kidding when I say he spent a whole hour telling me about it...which I can't recall much of as I kinda tuned him out. Something about a guy who jumps everywhere, even in the water. And there will be a snowball level, and a snow white level, and a plain old snow level.

He actually relates life to video games. He will often talk about getting to the "next level". We play, but really not that much. On average we play one day a week.

At the beach recently, when Declan saw jelly fish for the first time he called them "Liquid Ice".

The other new saying is "You broke my heart in 6 (or 3 or 8) pieces." He will say that when someone hurts his feelings. I heard it for the first time a few days ago when he had a friend over. His friend was saying he would never play with Declan again. Declan started crying and said "He broke my heart in 3 pieces" over and over again. It was pretty sad., but also cute and sweet.

I need to remember to write these things down...such good memories.

2 Comments:

  • Oh yeah - the "my heart is broken" stuff happens here, too. I usually hear "She broke my heart..." or "My heart just broke."

    Pretty adorable...and pretty darn sad. :(

    By Blogger Casey, at 6:45 PM  

  • "broke my heart in 3 peices" aww that is really sweet.

    http://twistedcindy.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home