The Journey

Tuesday, August 29, 2006


More Stories

Declan: (smiling, looking coy) "Mom, I know how to get you to stop when you're yelling at me."

Me: "How's that?"

Declan: "I'll just tell you I love you."

Me: "Well, that would probably work. But I think a better idea is that you do what I ask the first or 2nd time when I ask nicely, then I won't feel like I need to yell."

Declan: "humm." (thinking seriously about that option)

Two minutes go by...

Declan: "When I have kiddos, I won't yell at them unless they can't hear me."

Me: "Well, I wasn't sure that you heard me, you didn't respond when I asked you twice to get into your car seat. You only got into the car seat when I yelled."

Declan "hummm" (again seriously considering what I've said)



While I was typing this entry...

I went to move in my chair and hit my knee pretty hard on the desk. I began moaning in pain, clutching my knee. Declan runs over asking "What's wrong? What's wrong?"

"I hit my knee." I reply between clinched teeth.

"Where? This knee?" he says as he points to my injured knee.

"Yeah."

"Let me kiss it, that will help." Declan says as he leans in and kisses my knee. "Does it feel better?"

"Yeah, thanks." I answer.

It really did feel better :)

I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home